Monday, December 26, 2011

I Have A Date... With Destiny

I firmly believe that everyone has a "destiny" or a calling if you will. And I think that no matter what happens in your life you end up where you are supposed to be.You can go back and forth with yourself over where or what you do. But in the end, that shows it was supposed to happen. As you all probably know, I am a devout christian. I believe that your fate was decided long before you were even born. The fate of the universe is merely in the precious hands of God. And when your life comes to a conclusion, THAT is where you were meant to be.

I have made mistakes in my life, that's all apart of my story. We all have our stories (or callings), some are hard to go through while some of us have it easy with no real big problems. I was opened to this idea at summer camp this past year, and after hearing other stories from people who I thought were perfect, I quickly realized I wasn't so bad. But we all had one thing in common. We all came together, at a perfect time, at the perfect moment, where God had planned. We all shared our hearts, in a small circle to come together through Christ, and realize that we are all common through Him. We are all messed up, not one sin is greater than another in the eyes of God. We are all sinners.

It was here at this summer camp that I began to change inside and really think about what is important, and where my calling was. When you finally realize that everybody is messed up, you start thinking. Thinking about where your life is really going. For me, my life keeps leading me to the place where I am most at peace, church. I cannot think of anywhere I would be happier "working". Leading people to Christ, being a student leader in the church now, I can do that. I want to teach younger people about God. But, how am I going to get there?

Everybody has a dream and everybody wants to reach it. And our fate relies on whether or not we reach that dream. Whatever I do now, will effect my future, Big or Small. How I live my life now will have an impact on my life ahead as well. I (we) need to live life like I (we) want it, through Christ all things are possible. Go find your destiny, and figure out your story. I will listen if you need to tell someone your story. Ask and I'll tell you mine. Together we can change the world.

Making a difference through Christ, Derek Tilt (another sinner)

No comments:

Post a Comment